ResponsibleSteel™ provides a forum for businesses and social and environmental organisations to work together, creating value that neither group can create on its own.
As a ResponsibleSteel™ member you will be at the heart of the ResponsibleSteel™ programme, ensuring that ResponsibleSteel™ standards, policies and tools create value for your organisation.
For businesses, ResponsibleSteel™ membership demonstrates to customers and stakeholders that you are actively addressing key sustainability issues in your supply chain and production processes. For social and environmental organisations, membership is about achieving your mission.
ResponsibleSteel™ Members have the right to:
ResponsibleSteel™ is an international, multi-stakeholder membership organisation. New members are welcome from anywhere in the world, including businesses from every part of the steel supply chain, civil society groups, associations, and other organisations with an interest in a sustainable steel industry. Organisations that are not eligible for full membership but wish to show their support and be kept informed as the programme develops are invited to join as Associates.
(including steelmakers, raw material suppliers and downstream users)
Civil Society & Social/ Environmental Organisations
(organisations with social or environmental missions and trade unions)
(including governmental organisations, trade associations, standards bodies, conformity assessment bodies and academic institutions)
The mission of ResponsibleSteel™ is to maximise steel’s contribution to a sustainable society.
ResponsibleSteel™ members are committed to:
– Support the ResponsibleSteel™ programme
– Participate in the development of ResponsibleSteel™ standards
– Encourage and recognise the responsible sourcing and production of steel
Members agree to:
– Comply with the Steel Stewardship Council Ltd (‘SSC’) Constitution
– Comply with the Antitrust Compliance Policy
– Follow the ResponsibleSteel™ Complaints Procedure
– Comply with the ResponsibleSteel™ Rules for Trademark Use
– Pay membership fees in a timely fashion
A range of membership fees are applicable depending on the type, size and/ or purpose of an organisation.
For organisations that are commercially active in the steel supply chain, annual membership fees are determined by annual turnover / revenue.
Business Organisations and For Profit Associate Members*
Annual Revenue – Membership Fee (All Values are in USD)
– $20 billion+ – US$60,000 (Steel Producers and Processors Only)
– $10 billion to $20 billion – US$38,000
– $5 billion to $10 billion – US$35,000
– $1 billion to $5 billion – US$20,000
– $100 million to $1 billion – US$7,000
– $1 million to $100 million – US$1,200
– Under $1 million – US$150
Not-for-profit organisations – Free
*Fees waived for RS Approved Certification Bodies, as they already pay an application fee as well as an annual fee to maintain their approved status.